COVID-19 and Reopening Facilities - discussion
Moderator(s): Amanda Parsons
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

4/14/2020 at 5:43:24 PM GMT
COVID-19 and Reopening Facilities - discussion

Good morning, 

Paula Rose, Recreation Center Manager with Hillsboro, has posed a question for the group. Please see her message below.

The reason for reaching out today is to see how all of you are planning to reopen when the time comes.  I am working on an action plan with my team and I thought I would reach out and see how you are all handling the following:

Lifeguard training and in-services  How do we apply this with social distancing

Rescues (land & water) and social distancing?

Do we use pocket masks or move to just BVM's

Swim Instruction and social distancing?

Pool activities - water exercise, lap swim, recreation swim, fitness and deck equipment.

I have also reached out to Red Cross, Ellis and Starguard and I am getting pretty much the same answer – things will change especially in the area of PPE, rescue breathing and trainings w/social distancing.

This topic concerns all of us. As valuable resources for one another, I hope we can come together and share what our plans are for moving forward and reopening our facilities. 

Thank you in advance for your participation in this discussion! 

Rajeana Pancake

5/8/2020 at 3:55:30 PM GMT
CMAHC COVID-19 Resources for Aquatics Industry

The following is from the Council for the Model Aquatic Health Code website: 

COVID-19 Pandemic Resources for the Aquatics Industry

The CMAHC is monitoring issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic and operation and maintenance of aquatic facilities. We are compiling all related guidance and resources that have been issued, vetted, or approved by the CDC. Please see below for a list of current guidance and resources, updated as of 04/27/2020.

If you have questions about this information or would like to request additional clarification or guidance on how to operate and maintain aquatic facilities during this uncharted time, please contact us at CMAHC@cmahc.org.

CDC guidance on closing, reopening, and operating public aquatic facilities during the COVID-19 pandemic

CDC Information on COVID-19 and Water

5/8/2020 at 6:40:37 PM GMT
Reopening Tips from USA Swimming

Reopening Pool Operation Suggestions - PDF with tips on sanitation, how to physically distance in pool spaces by lane, and operating facilities.

Reopening Pool Plan Example - A sample plan for how to reopen pools.  To be adjusted based on state regulations and pool operation needs.

The THEN and NOW of Pool Operation and Programming Adaptation (webinar)

Recording

Slides

USA Swimming upcoming webinars and recordings

Oregon Recreation & Park Association
www.orpa.org | PO Box #202, Lake Oswego OR 97034 | 503.534.5673
ORPA is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization