Sign In

Blog
Calendar
Aquatics Section
Moderator(s): Amanda Parsons
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Aquatic Section Bi-Weekly Conference Call 0 A. Parsons The Aquatic Section and it's members will be convening for a conference call to discuss issues and challenges related to COVID-19. WHEN: Bi-Weekly on Wednesdays @ 1 PM (PDT) May 6 May 20 June 3 June 17 WHERE: Via Zoom Conference Meeting HOW: Register to attend this call here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwscOirrjoiE9Lu2w2iIktpZ0R5VhOt-r2L   AGENDA This meeting will an an open forum to allow members to discuss any challenges they are facing in their pools and aquatic facilities.  It will provide an opportunity for aquatic professionals to share resources and collaborate on solutions.  Please bring any questions or concerns you have for the table.
by A. Parsons
Wednesday, April 15, 2020
What do you need before you can open your pool? 7 A. Parsons Class size restrictions.  How many people can gather in my facility, including staff.  Are swimming lessons something we can have? Can we hold children who do not belong to us- or do we need a parent in the pool.  I still feel there are too many questions surrounding the number of people and how much space needs to be in between them. Its looking like a limited lap swim with some swim team thrown in there...  I need at least 2 weeks minimum to open the pool- this would include cleaning, pool water maintenance and re-training the staff. Ideally, I would have 3 weeks.   
by M. Georgesen
Monday, May 18, 2020
Colorado Timing - Water polo equipment for free 0 J. Udermann Item is no longer available.
by J. Udermann
Wednesday, July 22, 2020
Joint WRPA-ORPA Aquatics Roundtable Discussion 0 A. Parsons On Thursday, June 11, 2020, the Aquatic Section of ORPA, and that of our northern neighbors, WRPA, met for a roundtable discussion regarding the reopening and safety of pools in our respective states.  We were joined by representatives from Oregon and Washington state health departments who could provide insight into guidance and expectations.   You can listen to the recording of this call here: https://metroparkstacoma.box.com/s/w1lt31pf6kb7v1vmtfbx8uy7k2ymmyz9
by A. Parsons
Monday, June 15, 2020
Question on Re-Opening Guidelines 0 S. Jackson The re-opening guidelines say that for lap swim, only 1 swimmer per lane.  If I were to run a fitness class socially distanced at 6 feet, that will be more than 1 per lane.  Is that OK? Follow up: During my lap swims, we often have several people doing their own aquajog exercises. As long as they remain 6 feet apart, could I fit more than 1 in the lane and still remain compliant? There is nothing that says I can only have 6 people for a Family Swim.  In fact, there was no guidance whatsoever specifically for Recreation/Family Swims or for exercise classes.   Thanks for your thoughts!   Scott
by S. Jackson
Wednesday, June 3, 2020
Portable Ozone Cart for Surface Disinfection 0 N. Hershey Announcing the Portable Ozone Cart for Surface Disinfection from Neptune-Benson, Evoqua! Ozone cart systems generate ozonated water, a powerful disinfectant that leaves no residual  chemical.  Ozone (O3) is commonly used to disinfect surfaces, ridding them of potentially  harmful microorganisms, bacteria and viruses.  Ozone is widely used as a disinfectant in food & beverage production, hospitals, and public spaces such as airplanes, trains, bus stops, markets, etc.   In aquatics applications, ozonated water is especially useful in providing surface  disinfection for facilities such as public aquatic centers, university pools, water parks and  splash pads.  Ozone doesn't alter the pH or chemical balance of pool water, so overspray is not an issue! In addition to aquatic venues, ozone has many other potential applications such  as locker rooms, park benches, play structures and many other recreational areas.  For more info please contact : Neal Hershey | neal.hershey@evoqua.com | 360-502-1665
by N. Hershey
Wednesday, May 27, 2020
Phased Re-Opening Announcement on 5/7/2020 1 S. Jackson That is what I understand, regarding swim meets and matches. Still looking like pools are phase 2 or 3 depending on IAC and other factors.
by M. Georgesen
Monday, May 18, 2020
Burnout Prevention and Treatment - article 0 R. Pancake Good afternoon,  During our section meeting today I mentioned an article that I found useful regarding burnout. Although this is just a single article, and I imagine there is a great amount of helpful information out there, I thought I'd share this one to get us started. Follow the link and hopefully you can get just as much use from this article as I did.  https://www.helpguide.org/articles/stress/burnout-prevention-and-recovery.htm  Stay safe and have a great day! Rajeana
by R. Pancake
Thursday, May 14, 2020
COVID-19 and Reopening Facilities - discussion 2 R. Pancake Reopening Pool Operation Suggestions - PDF with tips on sanitation, how to physically distance in pool spaces by lane, and operating facilities. Reopening Pool Plan Example - A sample plan for how to reopen pools.  To be adjusted based on state regulations and pool operation needs.   The THEN and NOW of Pool Operation and Programming Adaptation (webinar) Recording Slides   USA Swimming upcoming webinars and recordings
by A. Parsons
Friday, May 8, 2020
Aquatic Re-opening Plans 1 R. Pancake Instead of adding your Re-opening Plans here, please add it to our google drive at the link below.https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1bdhzhrBfjIvvWZcAErI4OaUNxcJI5y1FThank you!Rajeana
by R. Pancake
Wednesday, May 6, 2020
The THEN and NOW of Pool Operation and Programming Adaptations 0 J. Udermann The webinar from USA Swimming this morning was very informative and covers a number of topics we are all considering right now. usaswimming.org/webinars Recording Slides Pool Opening Examples Pool Operations Suggestions
by J. Udermann
Monday, May 4, 2020
Northwest Red Cross Updates + Q&A 2 A. Parsons Red Cross Resources during this time: Updates regarding training during Covid-19 response are available on the Red Cross Learning Center (https://www.redcrosslearningcenter.org/s/american-red-cross-covid-19-guidance) o   Make sure to check back there frequently! News tab of the Learning Center – iconnections, general updates There is an AQ forum on the Learning Center https://www.redcrosslearningcenter.org/s/group/0F93o0000019QZTCA2/aquatic-support-during-covid19 Local aquatic networks! If you’re not sure how to get connected, please reach out to me @ tatyana.kiselyov@redcross.org Me 😊 I am happy to help navigate our available resources during this time - Please reach out by email or phone and I am happy to help! My direct line is 206-491-9390    
by American Red Cross
Saturday, April 25, 2020
Continuity Planning and Virtual In-Services in Aquatic Facilities 0 A. Parsons NRPA is hosting a webinar April 23rd @ 11 AM (PT) More information can be found here: https://learning.nrpa.org/products/continuity-planning-and-virtual-in-services-for-aquatic-facilities#tab-product_tab_overview
by A. Parsons
Wednesday, April 22, 2020
AoAP Covid-19 Resources 0 A. Parsons The Association of Aquatic Professionals has a page dedicated to COVID-19 and events/tools related to pools.  There are a lot of great resources you can check out here: https://aquaticpros.org/covid-19-resources/
by A. Parsons
Wednesday, April 22, 2020
Information from Nexant 0 R. Pancake Good afternoon,  As per my email, here is the information from Nexant. I hope this may be of use for folks during this time.  How we can help you. In order to help our communities in these trying times, we want to volunteer our experience. During this shut-down period, Nexant can help you scale back your aquatic systems, saving your organization significant energy and expense. At no cost, we will share best practices and discuss practical recommendations with your facility operator, either on-site or over the phone as convenient. We see this as a small thank you to the ORPA community for keeping us busy these last five years- and our team is happy to help.  ·        Mert Mansur has 20+ years of experience operating natatoriums in Oregon and is available late afternoons and most Fridays. ·        Jacob James has 5+ years of experience with natatorium HVAC and water-side systems and is available Monday through Friday. We envision these turndown actions as temporary cost-reduction strategies and look forward to helping you ASAP to see the most benefit. Fingers crossed we’re all back up and running shortly! How you can help us. In Oregon, analyzing aquatic equipment and HVAC is our bread and butter. We quantify the cost savings and utility incentives for projects that save you gas and/or electricity. You can help us by requesting our technical services for your facility.  ·        Our work is funded 100% by Energy Trust of Oregon, so there is no cost to you and no commitment to implement any project.  ·        Our studies take around 4-months to complete, and are valid for 2 years. If you expect to replace or upgrade any equipment in the next 2 years, now may be a good time to investigate potential incentives. ·        To qualify, you’d need to be a customer of one of these utilities: PGE, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas, or Avista. Thank you for all you do for our communities. If you’d like to work with us on either of these options, we’d love to help. Feel free to contact Mert or Jacob. Mert Mansur 541-501-1814 mmansur@nexant.com Jacob James 971-227-0288 jjames@nexant.com I hope you are all staying safe and healthy! Rajeana Pancake
by R. Pancake
Monday, April 13, 2020

Oregon Recreation & Park Association
www.orpa.org | PO Box #202, Lake Oswego OR 97034 | 503.534.5673
ORPA is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization