Sign In

Blog
Calendar
Maintenance & Construction Section
Moderator(s): Amanda Parsons
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Pickleball court construction 0 J. Udermann We are exploring the construction of new pickleball courts in one of our parks.  Does anyone have experience with a project like this that can share any insights?  Local contractors that might be able to provide a bid for this project?Thank you!Josh UdermannCity of Woodburn
by J. Udermann
Thursday, September 3, 2020
Drinking Fountains during COVID-19 1 R. Dials Rachel,Good question we(THPRD) are leaving our off. No use of sports fields and the points of contact would per event use. Also we have reduced staffing so trying to sanitize would be very difficult.
by S. Bernards
Friday, June 26, 2020
Volunteers 0 R. Dials I am hoping to open a conversation about reincorporating volunteers into outdoor roles within parks. For more rural communities like my own that are entering Phase 1 of reopening, is anyone planning to host small, socially distanced work groups? Is anyone allowing individual volunteers to work alone in parks? What precautions are being taken to ensure safety and make volunteers and staff feel secure? Any advice or updates is greatly appreciated. Thank you!”
by R. Dials
Tuesday, May 12, 2020
Volunteers 0 R. Dials I am hoping to open a conversation about reincorporating volunteers into outdoor roles within parks. For more rural communities like my own that are entering Phase 1 of reopening, is anyone planning to host small, socially distanced work groups? Is anyone allowing individual volunteers to work alone in parks? What precautions are being taken to ensure safety and make volunteers and staff feel secure? Any advice or updates is greatly appreciated. Thank you!”
by R. Dials
Tuesday, May 12, 2020
Unplanned Shutdown = Maintenance? 0 M. Georgesen Are there any other operators or facility managers out there getting through their maintenance plans? I have been taking as much advantage of this unfortunate closure by doing some deferred maintenance, some preventative maintenance and planning for future projects. I would love to hear what others are doing with their time.  I run  single poo (indoor)l facility and am everything rolled into one. This makes decision making somewhat easier and I have a direct line to our board of directors. I have done some tile work; installed a new ADA chair lift; a new gutter system around the pool and we are putting a VFD on our main circulation pump. We had part of our HVAC system wear out (15 years+) and am waiting on a part out of Canada.  I would love to hear from others on what you are doing! Melissa Georgesen, Molalla Aquatic District
by M. Georgesen
Monday, April 13, 2020

Oregon Recreation & Park Association
www.orpa.org | PO Box #202, Lake Oswego OR 97034 | 503.534.5673
ORPA is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization