COVID-19 Messaging Toolkit
Moderator(s): Amanda Parsons
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

5/13/2020 at 4:33:21 PM GMT
COVID-19 Messaging Toolkit

A message from Cailin O'Brien-Feeney, Office of Outdoor Recreation:

While all 36 counties remain under the Stay Home Executive Order 20-12, things are starting to shift. The purpose of reaching out today is to share a Take Care Out There messaging toolkit and ask for your partnership. The toolkit is available for download on the Office of Outdoor Recreation website here: https://www.oregon.gov/orec/Pages/COVID-19-Messaging-Toolkit.aspx

Credit goes to the Travel Oregon and OPRD communications teams who worked to distill the Phase One Outdoor Recreation Guidance from Oregon Health Authority and Governor Kate Brown’s announcement regarding recreational access into social media assets addressing a few basic questions: What does responsible recreation look like right now in Oregon? Where can I go? What should I expect? How can I do my part? Many of you requested a unified set of messages and we heard you – hopefully there is utility in it, and if it’s not a good fit that’s okay too.

Please use and share this Take Care Out There messaging toolkit

The organizations and individuals copied here have a collective audience of hundreds of thousands, many of whom are asking those same questions of you. There is strength in consistency and we need everyone’s help reinforcing both behaviors and expectations for the recreating public to ensure that the parks, trailheads, boat ramps and other facilities that have begun reopening remain open as long as it’s safe to do so.

We already have, and will continue to see, sudden closures needed to protect public safety and due to reduced agency capacity. The intent is to improve and update this resource as outdoor recreation access and guidance evolve: translation, evolving with guidance on group size and travel, and building in more time for input from stakeholders are a few key next steps.

Note: The link to the toolkit includes social media images you can download and use, as well as sample language to use with each image.

Oregon Recreation & Park Association
www.orpa.org | PO Box #202, Lake Oswego OR 97034 | 503.534.5673
ORPA is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization