Exhibitor Registration: Member $50 Non-Member $75* (7 spaces available)
Join the MACS Section as they host the Playground: Safety, Surfacing, Maintenance & Repair workshop!
Click here to register now!
The workshop will include:
- Discussion, testing & usage of a Portable Drop Test Impact Analyzer.
- Discussion on playground safety surfacing testing, maintenance, repair of unitary (poured in place, tile & engineered wood fiber).
- Powerpoint on safety inspection & reporting for opening up a new playground and procedure and steps to take in the event of an emergency closure of a playground.
- Maintenance results of combining usage of matting and engineered wood fiber.
What Will You Learn?
- Usage and understanding of how an Impact Analyzer can be useful to help gauge when surfacing materials require replacement or replenishment.
- Techniques for repairing Unitary Surfacing (poured in-place & Smart Surfacing).
- Steps to take when re-opening or opening up a new playground.
- How to develop emergency plans for when a playground has been compromised by vandalism or a storm.
Who Should Attend?
- Maintenance Staff, Supervisor, Project Managers, Risk Management Employees
8:30 Welcome & Introduction
8:45 Drop Test Impact Analyzer Testing & Usage
9:45 Break-time & MACS Drawing
10:15 Safety Surfacing Repair & Maintenance
11:45 Break for Lunch
12:45 Repairing Poured in-place Surfacing
1:30 Safety Inspection & Opening Procedures for New Playgrounds
2:00 Preparedness for an Emergency Playground Closure
2:30 Engineered Wood Fiber with Rubber Matting Combination Usage
3:00 Question & Answer
3:15 End of Session
$75 for OPRA members
$85 for non-members
Group Discount: $5 off each additional attendee when registering as a group
For workshop questions or more information contact:
Jerry Burgess - THPRD Project Coordinator/Manager
email@example.com or 503.619.3931
*Exhibitor registration includes an *8' table, 2 chairs, & lunch for two.